The institute Solar Fuels is looking for:
PostDoc Scientist (m/f/d) (PhD in Physics, Chemistry, Materials Sciences or equivalent)Reference No.: EE 2019/27
The Institute for Solar Fuels at HZB develops new materials and devices for the photoelectrochemical conversion of cheap and abundant resources, such as water, to chemical fuels. We are looking for a candidate to strengthen a collaboration with university partners in the framework of the interdisciplinary Cluster of Excellence “UniSysCat” („Unifying Systems in Catalysis“, www.unisyscat.de) to understand the interplay between electronic charge transfer and coupled (photo)catalytic processes.
- Optoelectronical characterization of metal oxide-based semiconductors and intermediate organic charge-storage layers for (photo)catalytic (sub-)processes
- Surface preparation and characterization using stationary and transient photoemission spectroscopy
- Surface modification by e.g. deposition of thin films using ALD and analysis of the interfaces
- Exploration of new photocatalytic constructs in close collaboration with our university partners
- Ph.D. in physics, chemistry, materials sciences or equivalent
- Comprehensive knowledge in semiconductor physics with demonstrated affinity for (photo)chemistry
- Experience with photoelectron spectroscopy and time-resolved laser spectroscopy
- Excellent scientific communication skills and team working abilities
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 17.07.2019. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.