The institute Soft Matter and Functional Materials is looking for:
Post-Doc for multidimensional operando analysis of batteriesReference No.: EM 2019/14
The work in the Institute is devoted to the basic understanding and possible applications of colloidal and nanoscopic systems, characterized by neutrons, photons and dedicated labs for the profit of its users from soft matter, materials- and life sciences.
- Research in the field of multidimensional operando analysis of batteries
- Construction and design of novel setups and their supervision
- Scientific reporting, publishing and discussion of results
- Analysis of measured data and their representation in multidimensional graphs
- Ex-situ analysis and assessment of lithium sulfur batteries with electrochemical methods
- completed PhD
- Expertise in application of UV/vis spectroscopy and electrochemical methods as well as the analysis of X-ray imaging data of operando measurements
- Experimental expertise in building up setups and electrochemical cells
- Excellent knowledge in English, written and spoken
- Interdisciplinary team working skills with high independency
- Excellent knowledge in data processing (e.g. Origin) and data presentation
- Excellent knowledge in electrochemical redox processes in lithium/sulfur batteries
What we offerFixed term contract for 28 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 19.07.2019. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.