The Young Investigator Group Electrochemical Conversion of CO² is looking for:
Postdoctoral scientist (w/m/d) in electrochemical CO2 conversion (chemistry, chemical engineering, fuel cells)Reference No.: EE 2019/9
The research group "Electrochemical Conversion of CO2" studies new electrocatalyst materials and investigates the mechanisms of the conversion of carbon dioxide into valuable chemicals and fuels driven by renewable energy. The goal is to develop new strategies for transforming electrical energy into versatile chemical forms while utilizing waste CO2 as a chemical feedstock, rather than emitting it into the environment.
The research group uses state-of-the-art synthesis and characterization tools, and takes advantage of the rich collaborative environment of the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin. The group is based at HZB-Wannsee and also conducts experiments at the BESSY II synchrotron and collaborates with local universities and research institutes.
- Develop gas diffusion electrodes and cells for high-rate electrochemical conversion of CO2
- Synthesize and study the electrocatalytic activity of novel catalyst materials using electrochemical methods coupled with analytical techniques (mass spectrometry, gas chromatography, X-ray spectroscopy)
- Develop test station and reactors for electrochemical conversion of carbon monoxide (CO)
- Supervise students; manage internal and external collaborations
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Physics or a closely-related field
- Electrocatalysis research specialization (preferably with gas diffusion electrodes, fuel cells, or CO2 reduction)
- Knowledge and experience in: electrochemical methods, gas chromatography, mass spectrometry, X-ray spectroscopy, electron microscopy, reactor design
- Excellent English speaking and writing abilities
- A strong record of peer-reviewed publications
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 24.03.2019.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH