The department User Coordination is looking for:
Postdoctoral scientist (w/m/d) in physics, chemistry or a related disciplineReference No.: NP 2019/3
With the ultrabright photon source, BESSY II provides excellent conditions for material science, complemented by additional infrastructures.
The User Coordination organises the user operation of the centre, attracts new users and communities and coordinates the interplay of the scientific infrastructures.
- Responsible and independent assistance within the organisational and administrative beamtime and access procedures, mainly in the framework of a
"HZB Competence Centre for the Standardised Characterisation and Validation of Advanced Materials“ (C³AdMat)
- Pro-active search and integration of new user communities and active commitment on integration of new user communities
- Independent preparation and accomplishment of presentations, networking and exchange of information via portals (Way for Light and others), conferences, workshops and seminars
- Scientific support of new users from new communities and scientific fields
- Per- and post-beamtime guidance (support for sample preparation, data evaluation and interpretation) of new users in project C³AdMat
- Coordination of the involved infrastructures of C³AdMat
- Long-time expertise in research with synchrotron radiation
- Profound knowledge in photoemission spectroscopy
- Expertise in user support at large scale facilities
- Expertise in handling third-party funded projects
- Excellent computer skills
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 29.03.2019.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH