The Institute Functional Oxides for Energy Efficient Information Technologies is looking for:
Postdoctoral Scientist (f/m)Reference No.: EM 2018/26
In the Institute IFOX at HZB, we work on functional oxide thin films and nanostructures combined with semiconductors for energy-efficient technologies. We focus on material synthesis, detailed structural characterization using advanced methods, and on transport and optical properties in different types of materials and devices. We closely collaborate with various research institutes and universities in Berlin (GrafOx network), Europe and the USA.
- Responsibility of operating the oxide molecular beam epitaxy system and coupling an XPS system to it
- Synthesis of complex oxides / quantum materials on oxide and on semiconductor substrates
- XPS in system investigation during the growth of oxide/semiconductor heterointerfaces
- Structural, electronic and optical characterization of the heterostructures
- Supervise Master and/or PhD students
- Presentation at international conferences and scientific publications of experimental results
- Completed PhD in Physics or Materials Science
- Mandatory experience in operating a MBE for a minimum time of 2 years
- Mandatory experience in thin film structural characterization with X-ray diffraction
- Experience in the field of oxide and/or semiconductor materials
- Experience with material analysis techniques such as X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, scanning probe microscopies (AFM, PFM...), Raman spectroscopy is desirable
- Excellent written and spoken skills in English
- Publication record
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 28.11.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH