The Young Investigator Group Perovskite Tandem Solar Cells is looking for:
PhD student (m/f) within HI-SCORE research school - Advancing inorganic perovskite compositions for highly efficient top-cells in tandem devicesReference No.: EE 2018/33
The newly established young investigator group on perovskite based tandem solar cells has recently published record efficiencies for perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells. The aim of the group is the further optimization by detailed understanding of this fascinating class of perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells.
The Ph.D. positions are part of the Helmholtz International Research School "Hybrid Integrated Systems for Conversion of Solar Energy" (HI-SCORE), which is organized together with Israeli Institutes of Higher Learning (Weizmann Inst. of Science, Ben-Gurion Univ. of the Negev, Bar-Ilan Univ., Technion- Israel Inst. of Technol., Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem) as partner institutions. Within the scope of HI-SCORE, the candidate is expected to join a graduate school at the HZB and spend about 6 months of his/her Ph.D. time working in one or more of the participating Israeli groups.
HI-SCORE will act as a connecting platform for the various participating graduate schools, linking those Ph.D. projects which deal with novel wide-bandgap absorbers in highly efficient tandem devices for the solar generation of electricity and fuels. The additional benefit for the participants of HI-SCORE is a true binational mentoring and supervision structure. Each Ph.D. student will be working together with scientists in both, Israel and Germany.
- Development and optimization of inorganic perovskite solar cells
- Develop detailed understanding of loss mechanisms by quantifying bulk and interface recombination
- Implement optimized inorganic top-cells into tandem devices
- Highly motivated candidate with completed Master in Physics, Materials Sciences, Chemistry, or Electrical Engineering
- Sound knowledge in photovoltaics as well as solid state, organic and inorganic semiconductor physics
- Experience with solution processing of perovskite solar cells is advantageous
- Ability to work in a team with a problem-oriented approach to scientific work, commitment, dedication to experimental work and a high level of self-reliance
- Willingness to present and publish scientific results at project meetings, national and international conferences as well as in scientific journals
- Willingness to work part of the time in Israel
- Very good English skills
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 07.11.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH