Die Nachwuchsgruppe Perowskit Tandemsolarzellen sucht:
PhD student (m/f) within HI-SCORE research school - Advancing inorganic perovskite compositions for highly efficient top-cells in tandem devicesKennziffer: EE 2018/33
The newly established young investigator group on perovskite based tandem solar cells has recently published record efficiencies for perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells. The aim of the group is the further optimization by detailed understanding of this fascinating class of perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells.
The Ph.D. positions are part of the Helmholtz International Research School "Hybrid Integrated Systems for Conversion of Solar Energy" (HI-SCORE), which is organized together with Israeli Institutes of Higher Learning (Weizmann Inst. of Science, Ben-Gurion Univ. of the Negev, Bar-Ilan Univ., Technion- Israel Inst. of Technol., Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem) as partner institutions. Within the scope of HI-SCORE, the candidate is expected to join a graduate school at the HZB and spend about 6 months of his/her Ph.D. time working in one or more of the participating Israeli groups.
HI-SCORE will act as a connecting platform for the various participating graduate schools, linking those Ph.D. projects which deal with novel wide-bandgap absorbers in highly efficient tandem devices for the solar generation of electricity and fuels. The additional benefit for the participants of HI-SCORE is a true binational mentoring and supervision structure. Each Ph.D. student will be working together with scientists in both, Israel and Germany.
- Development and optimization of inorganic perovskite solar cells
- Develop detailed understanding of loss mechanisms by quantifying bulk and interface recombination
- Implement optimized inorganic top-cells into tandem devices
- Highly motivated candidate with completed Master in Physics, Materials Sciences, Chemistry, or Electrical Engineering
- Sound knowledge in photovoltaics as well as solid state, organic and inorganic semiconductor physics
- Experience with solution processing of perovskite solar cells is advantageous
- Ability to work in a team with a problem-oriented approach to scientific work, commitment, dedication to experimental work and a high level of self-reliance
- Willingness to present and publish scientific results at project meetings, national and international conferences as well as in scientific journals
- Willingness to work part of the time in Israel
- Very good English skills
Der Arbeitsvertrag ist über 36 Monate befristet. Die Bezahlung erfolgt nach dem Tarifvertag für den öffentlichen Dienst (TVöD-Bund).
Wir bemühen uns, den Anteil an Mitarbeiterinnen zu erhöhen und freuen uns daher besonders über Bewerbungen von Frauen. Schwerbehinderte Bewerberinnen/Bewerber werden bei gleicher Eignung bevorzugt eingestellt.
Sind Sie interessiert?
Dann bewerben Sie sich bitte bis spätestens 07.11.2018.
For English version, please click on the following link: English Version.