The Institute for Nanospectroscopy is looking for:
PhD Student (f/m)Reference No.: EM 2018/25
The research at the Institute for Nanospectroscopy at the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH is focused on new materials for energy technologies such as photovoltaics, solar fuels, thermoelectrics, batteries, and catalysts. Nanostructured materials are being synthetized and characterized using modern analytics, mostly at the synchrotron.
- Perform research in the field of energy materials synthesis and characterization using synchrotron radiation
- Synthesis and characterization of nanoparticles and nanowires
- Nanostructural sample characterization using X-ray diffraction, transmission electron microscopy, and other lab-based methods
- Focus on inorganic/organic hybrid thermoelectric materials
- Presentation at national and international conferences, publishing in international journals, patent protection of patent-worthy results.
- Masters degree in chemistry, material science, physics, or closely related field
- Working understanding of synthetic chemistry (experience working in a chemistry lab)
- Experience with lab based characterization methods
- Very good knowledge of the English language
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 01.11.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH