The department Protons for Therapie is looking for:
Postdoctoral Scientist (f/m) in the field of PhysicsReference No.: NP 2018/14
The proton irradiation centre at HZB is Germany's first proton therapy facility and unique in its technical capability. Patients with eye tumours are being treated with proton beams since June 1998 in cooperation with the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin.
In addition to treatment operation, the department is involved in accelerator physics research, e.g. beam delivery, dosimetry and accelerator development.
- Design study for a dedicated 70 MeV cyclotron for the treatment of intraocular tumors
- Comparison of simulations with practical studies at the HZB cyclotron
- Relevant Postgraduate Degree.
- mathematical and computational skills
- Experience with simulation programs
- Experience of accelerator physics of either a practical or theoretical nature
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 12.12.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH