The department Technical User Support BESSY II is looking for:
Graduate engineer specializing in physical engineeringReference No.: NP 2018/5
The core tasks of the Technical Assistance BESSY II department are to provide the technical infrastructure for the reliable operation and use of the experiments during the BESSY II beamtimes. They also include the procurement and provision of liquid helium and liquid nitrogen, as well as assistance with working with hazardous substances and dangerous devices.
- Participation in planning, development, construction and operation of instruments and lasers for time-resolved experiments
- Cooperation in technical user support at BESSY II
- Processing of development projects, this includes the independent planning and design as well as the coordination of the tests of newly developed beamline or experimental components
- University degree in Physical Engineering or comparable
- profound knowledge in the work with lasers, in the electronic measuring and control technology
- Knowledge of the experimental methods of using synchrotron radiation and the UHV technique are advantageous
- working proactiv and having quality awareness
- Teamwork, communication skills and good command of English
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 17.07.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH