Das Institut Kompetenz-Zentrum Photovoltaik Berlin sucht:
PhD student (m/f) within HI-SCORE research school - Conceptualization and realisation of a highly efficient solar water splitting tandem integrated device using wide-bandgap metal oxide and silicon absorbersKennziffer: EE 2018/18
PVcomB develops technologies for photovoltaic and related applications in cooperation with industry. PVcomB ensures innovative technology transfer through industry-oriented research projects as well as the education and training of skilled professionals.
The Ph.D. positions are part of the Helmholtz International Research School "Hybrid Integrated Systems for Conversion of Solar Energy" (HI-SCORE), which is organized together with Israeli Institutes of Higher Learning (Weizmann Inst. of Science, Ben-Gurion Univ. of the Negev, Bar-Ilan Univ., Technion- Israel Inst. of Technol., Hebrew Univ. of Jerusalem) as partner institutions. Within the scope of HI-SCORE, the candidate is expected to join a graduate school at the HZB and spend about 6 months of his/her Ph.D. time working in one or more of the participating Israeli groups.
HI-SCORE will act as a connecting platform for the various participating graduate schools, linking those Ph.D. projects which deal with novel wide-bandgap absorbers in highly efficient tandem devices for the solar generation of electricity and fuels. The additional benefit for the participants of HI-SCORE is a true binational mentoring and supervision structure. Each Ph.D. student will be working together with scientists in both, Israel and Germany.
- Use both multi-physics models and experimental analysis to optimise the electrical, optical and/or corrosion protection properties of related functional layers for the Si-heterojunction bottom cell of the tandem device
- Theoretical investigation of different tandem device design configurations using COMSO
- Select, implement and test tandem device practical design
- Develop multi-physics based model to simulate effects of operating conditions and upscaling on the solar to hydrogen efficiency
- Working closely with project partners who are responsible for the development of the wideband gap top cell and the electro-catalysts
- Master’s /Diplom degree in (physical) Chemistry, Material Science, Physics or in related physical sciences or engineering fields
- Hands on experience in the design, characterization and analysis of materials and devices for photo-electrochemical devices/ photovoltaic cells/electrolysers/fuel cells/batteries is required
- Preliminary hands-on experience with 1D device simulation is mandatory, knowledge of 3D multi-physics modelling (using COMSOL, ANSYS or related tools) is advantageous
- High dedication and enthusiasm for cooperative work as well as a team oriented and communicative work ethic
- Good spoken and written English is mandatory
Der Arbeitsvertrag ist über 36 Monate befristet. Die Bezahlung erfolgt nach dem Tarifvertag für den öffentlichen Dienst (TVöD-Bund).
Wir bemühen uns, den Anteil an Mitarbeiterinnen zu erhöhen und freuen uns daher besonders über Bewerbungen von Frauen. Schwerbehinderte Bewerberinnen/Bewerber werden bei gleicher Eignung bevorzugt eingestellt.
Sind Sie interessiert?
Dann bewerben Sie sich bitte bis spätestens 05.07.2018.
For English version, please click on the following link: English Version.