The department of Structure and Dynamics of energy materials is looking for:
Postdoc Scientist (f/m), PhD in Physics, Materials Science or related fieldReference No.: EM 2018/15
Research in the Department Structure and Dynamics of Energy Materials is devoted to the basic understanding of structure-property relations of materials for energy conversion, focusing on the synthesis and structural, electrical and optical characterization of both, thin film and bulk complex compound semiconductors. An important aspect is the development of combinatorial methods in materials research. The current position is part of a european research project devoted to the development of efficient kesterite thin film solar cells.
- Optoelectronic characterization of kesterite-type semiconductros with time-resolved and spatially resolved innovative spectroscopic methods (photoluminescence, Raman, Thz-spectroscopy, admittance, quantitative hyperspectral imaging)
- combinatorial synthesis of kesterit-type materials with innovative deposition methods, for an accelerated development of defect-reduced and electronically optimized absober layers and solar cells
- cooperation with national and international project partners
- Ph.D. in physics or material science or related field
- good knowledge of semiconductor physics and materials science
- experience in optoelectronic characterization of semiconductor materials
- demonstrated skills related to publication of scientific results
- good communication skills and team working abilities
What we offerFixed term contract for 18 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 08.06.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH