The department Undulators is looking for:
Postdoc Scientist (F/M) in PhysicsReference No.: FG 2018/7
The Undulator Group at HZB is in charge of the design, construction, installation and operation of permanent magnet insertion devices at the BESSY II storage ring and its future successor. The undulators are optimized for best spectral performance and for a minimum impact of the magnetic structures on the electron beam dynamics. Based on detailed expert discussions with users and accelerator specialists novel undulator designs for next generation accelerators are developed.
- Calculations of physical specifications of undulators
- Coordination of undulator construction (development, design, production)
- Close collaboration with physicists, engineers and technicians
- Development and support of special software for undulator design and construction
- Magnetic field measurement and optimization, especially for in-vacuum devices
- Development of novel undulator concepts and new magnet-measurement techniques
- Publication of scientific and technical results
- On-call service for insertion devices
- A Ph.D. in Physics or a related discipline is required
- Expertise in magnet design and/or undulator construction
- Knowledge of accelerator physics, experience with accelerator systems
- Experience with synchrotron radiation sources is desirable
- Experience in the development/support of extensive software packages
- Ability to interact with staff and facility users and to work in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 13.06.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH