The department Materials for Green Spintronics is looking for:
Postdoctoral Solid State Physicist (f/m) or Materials Scientist (f/m) for ARPES1^3 EndstationReference No.: EM 2018/9
The department Materials for Green Spintronics investigates the foundations and concepts in materials science for spin based information processing and storage with principally reduced energy consumption. The department operates several experimental stations for spectroscopy and diffraction with synchrotron radiation, in particular a unique apparatus for high resolution angle-resolved photoelectron spectroscopy at 1 K.
The assignment will be initially for 3 years with possible extension up to 5 years.
- In-house research using ARPES at lowest temperatures, in particular in the fields topological insulators, topological superconductors, strongly correlated topological insulators, molecular beam epitaxy
- further development of the experimental setup
- support and collaboration for experiments by partner and user groups
- PhD in physics or a related discipline
- scientific and technical knowledge in the field of ARPES
- excellent knowledge of solid state physics
- special knowledge in the fields of superconductivity and/or topological insulators and/or molecular beam epitaxy
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 30.04.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH