The institute Soft Matter and Functional Materials is looking for:
PhD-Student (f/m) in ChemistryReference No.: EM 2017/34
The work in the Institute for Soft Matter and Functional Materials at the HZB is devoted to the basic understanding and possible applications of colloidal and nanoscopic systems, characterized by neutrons, photons and dedicated labs for the profit of its users from soft matter, materials- and life sciences. We provide and develop: top class, dedicated beamlinescomplex experimental set-ups (neutrons, photons & more) and dedicated laboratory infrastructure.
- Synthesis and characterization of nanostructures as electrode materials for electrochemical applications
- Study of the respective electrochemical properties
- Up-scaling of the synthesis in HEMF lab
- Scientific reporting and discussion
- Expertise in colloidal chemistry and nanoparticle synthesis, Experience with material analysis techniques, such as SEM, TEM, XRD, etc.
- Expertise in electrochemistry with experience in electrochemistry analysis
- Research experience in wet-chemical preparation techniques
- Excellent knowledge in English, written and spoken
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 04.02.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH