The department Operation Reactor BER II is looking for:
Subproject leader (f/m) for radioactive disposal waste (Bachelor or Master in radiation protection or related field)Reference No.: NP 2017/29
The HZB is running the BER II research reactor for material science. End of operation will be in 2019. Therefore the pre-planning for decommissioning has already started as a project. Within this project the position of a subproject leader for radioactive disposal waste is vacant.
The position is initially limited to 2 years with the option to a subsequent permanent contract.
- Design concepts for conditioning and storage of radioactive waste for BER II operation and decommissioning
- Design plans for procedure of release and final disposal
- Treatment of radioactive special waste
- Preparation and discussion with authorities
- Implementation and utilization of a documentation system for radiacitve waste
- Coordination and monitoring of workpackages within the decommissioning project
- Completed academic or technical Study (Bachelor or Master) in the subject area radiation protection or related field
- Knowledge in radiation protection and treatment of radioactive waste
- Knowledge of requirements for deep geological storage facility Konrad
- Excellent knowledge of German language, ability to read and write legal texts
- Ability to conduct discussions as well as negotiating experience
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 12.02.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH