The department Methods for Characterization of Transport Phenomena in Energy Materials is looking for:
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (f/m), PhD in Chemistry or Materials ScienceReference No.: EM 2017/30
The Department Methods for Characterization of Transport Phenomena in Energy Materials engages in fundamental research on novel energy conversion materials with a particular focus on thermoelectric materials. The aim is to enhance the efficiency of materials for the conversion of thermal to electrical energy. The transport behavior of phonons and electrons is investigated by scattering techniques (neutrons and photons) available at the large scale facilities of the HZB. Research efforts are focused on novel thermoelectric materials which are synthesized and characterized at HZB’s facilities.
- Synthesis of bulk thermoelectric materials with improved thermoelectric properties as powders as well as in single-crystalline form
- Sample preparation and macroscopic characterization of thermoelectric transport properties using analytical laboratory infrastructure
- Implementation of a high-quality research program on thermal and electrical transport phenomena in thermoelectric materials
- Publication of research results in peer-reviewed scientific journals
- PhD in Chemistry or Materials Science
- Strong experimental background in inorganic chemical synthesis
- Strong experimental background in structural analysis by x-ray and/or neutron diffraction
- Basic knowledge of single-crystal synthesis
- Ideally, PhD in the field of thermoelectric energy conversion materials
- Basic knowledge of characterization techniques for macroscopic electronic and thermal material properties
- Demonstrated ability to work with guest researchers and technical support groups
- Contact details of at least two references should be provided
Fixed term contract until 16.04.2019 (parental leave replacement).
What we offerFixed term contract for . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 15.12.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH