The department Services and Software is looking for:
Apprentices as system integration IT specialist (f/m) with additional qualificationReference No.: IT 2017/8
Client/Server-architectures, networks in companies and communication around the world are standard now. However, the "devil is in the detail" sometimes. So that with IT infrastructure functions, components must be planned carefully and be installed – PCs, servers, network components, software, periphery devices, etc. Would you like it to help in such projects or to support the users with the use of these devices?
Pleasure in dealing with computers and people belongs to the most important requirement to be successful in this occupation. Furthermore one should have good basic knowledge of science, logical reasoning power and a good knowledge of English. Technical detailed knowledge must be also transmitted to layman; therefore, the system integration IT specialist should be sociable and communicative and have interest in the planning, realizing and operating of IT systems.The additional qualification contains:
- Entrepreneur's Skills Certificate
- Cisco certificate CCNA
- Telc-linguistic certificate
- 8-week foreign training period
- more certificates are possible
Apprenticeships begin yearly on the 1st of September and last 3 years. All together two apprenticeship places per year are available at HZB.
Here a small selection of the knowledge and skills imparted to you during your apprenticeship:
- Conceiving and realizing complicated IT systems
- Installation and configuring linked up IT systems
- Data processing
- Realisation and control of projects
- Removal of disturbances in client systems
- Administration of IT-Serversystems
- Consulting and training users
- Presentation of system solutions
- Intermediate or upper secondary school leaving certificate
- Good grades in English, Mathematics and Physics
- High degree of willingness to learn
- Travel readiness during the foreign training period
The apprenticeship pay is based on the Collective Agreement for Apprentices for the Public Service (TVAöD).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 31.05.2018.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH