The department Safety and Radiation Service is looking for:
Engineer (f/m) at radiation protection departmentReference No.: GF 2017/6
The mission of the radiation protection department is to guarantee the safety of the personnel and the environment during the operation of the research reactor and the accelerators of HZB. To accomplish these tasks also research and development in all aspects of radiation safety are necessary to plan new accelerator facilities.
- Responsibility for the x-ray sources and sources of stray radiation of BESSY, MLS, bERLinPro.
- Radiation safety officer for x-ray sources and sources of stray-radiation
- Planning work of radiation protection shielding and safety measures
- Participation in experiments and publications according to radiation protection
- Bachelor of engineering in physical technology or comparable
- Technical qualification as radiation safety officer
- Experience with Monte-Carlo codes like FLUKA preferable
- Programming skills preferable
- Experience at accelerator facilities preferable
What we offerFixed term contract for 14 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 31.10.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH