The department Materials for Green Spintronics is looking for:
PhD Student (f/m)Reference No.: EM 2017/26
The Department Materials for Green Spintronics investigates the foundations in materials science for spin based information processing and storage. The department operates several measurements stations for spectroscopy, microscopy, and scattering with synchrotron radiation. Within a project on optical magnetization switching a photoemission electron microscope (PEEM) with ultrafast laser excitation has been set up to investigate optical switching and the resulting magnetic textures time- and space-resolved.
Doctoral thesis: "Optical switching in magnetic multilayers and complex materials"
- Fabrication and structural characterization of magnetic thin films and multilayers in close collaboration with cooperation partners
- Investigation and optimization of laser-induced switching in these systems with regard to future data storage applications
- Optimization and development of the experimental setup
- Master degree in Physics or comparable qualification
- Good written and spoken English skills
- Interest in microscopy and research with synchrotron radiation
- Experience in the field of magnetism and solid state physics
- Enthusiasm, experimental skill and team-oriented work ethic
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 30.11.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH