The department Protons for Therapie is looking for:
Mechatronics EngineerReference No.: NP 2017/10
Patients with eye tumours are being treated with proton beams since June 1998 by the Charité, Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin (formely known as Universitätsklinikum Benjamin Franklin of the Freie Universität Berlin) together with the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie in Berlin. This special type of irradiation is practiced with great success worldwide. The plant is unique in Germany. The department Protons for Therapie is responsible for the operation of the accelerator system.
- Maintenance and development of the accelerator and its components
- Support of the medical physicists
- Co-operation in the preparation of the patients/masks construction
- Good German language skills in written and spoken are required
- Completed vocational training in mechatronics or similar field
- Preparedness for on-call duty
- Capacity for teamwork
- Experience in electronic engineering, high voltage technology and/or vacuum technology are desirable
What we offerFixed term contract for 12 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 15.10.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH