The department Sample Environments is looking for:
Engineer (f/m) with a bachelor degree in Mechanical or Physical EngineeringReference No.: NP 2017/24
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin is running two large scale facilities, the synchrotron BESSY II and the neutron source BER II. Integrated in the user service program of the HZB, the sample environment group of the HZB develops and runs experimental setups for x-ray and neutron scattering experiments. The main task is the control of the physical parameters at the sample position like temperature, magnetic or electric field or pressure. Together with beam line scientists the sample environment group supports users of our large scale facilities during their experiments.
- Support of the user service at BER II
- Maintenance, operation and development of sample environment equipment for BER II and BESSY II
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Physical Engineering
- Experience of vacuum technology and cryogenics
- Knowledge of automation technology and measurement and control technology
- Good knowledge of English and German language
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 03.10.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH