The Institute Functional Oxides for Energy Efficient Information Technologies is looking for:
Doctoral Candidate (f/m), Master degree in Chemistry, Materials Sciences or PhysicsReference No.: EM 2017/24
In both Institutes Functional Oxides for Energy Efficient IT and Soft Matter and Functional Materials we work on metal oxide thin films, nanostructures and colloidal particles in order to develop energy-efficient technologies. We focus on material synthesis, detailed structural characterization using advanced methods, and on the functional properties in different types of materials and devices. We target novel material design for energy efficient technologies including data sensing and processing, sensors and catalysis.
"Gallium-oxide-based colloid particles and thin films for energy-efficient technologies"
- Explore novel routes to synthesize gallium oxide and gallium iron oxide colloidal particles with defined structures
- Explore novel routes to prepare thin films from the colloidal solutions
- Control of the crystalline structure and composition at the nanoscale
- Investigation of the electronic, optical and photocatalytic properties
- Evaluation of potential for electronic and catalysis applications with simple device study
- Presentation at international conferences and scientific publications of experimental results
- Completed Master Degree or equivalent in Chemistry, Materials Sciences or Physics with excellent academic record
- Research experience in nanoparticles or thin films
- Experience in the field of metal oxide is desirable
- Experience with material analysis techniques such as X-ray diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, spectroscopy techniques (Raman...)
- Good written and spoken skills in English
- High dedication and enthusiasm for cooperative work in a multidisciplinary environment as well as a team-oriented and communicative work ethic
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 30.09.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH