The Institute Functional Oxides for Energy Efficient Information Technologies is looking for:
Doctoral Candidate (f/m), Master degree in Physics, Chemistry or Materials SciencesReference No.: EM 2017/23
In the institute Functional Oxides for Energy-Efficient Information Technology we work on functional oxide thin films and nanostructures for energy-efficient data sensing or processing. We focus on material synthesis, detailed structural characterization using advanced methods, and on transport and optical properties in different types of materials and devices. We closely collaborate with various research institutes and universities in Berlin (GrafOx network), Europe and the USA.
"Ferroelectrics on semiconductors: synthesis of nanostructures, domain pattern at the nanoscale and photo-ferroelectric properties"
- Synthesis of ferroelectric nanostructures on semiconductors (nanocomposite films, core-shell nanowires) by atomic layer deposition and advanced nanostructuring methods
- Investigation of the ferroelectric domain structure and polarization switching Dynamics
- Investigation of the coupling between ferroelectricity and light
- Evaluation of the potential for energy-efficient technologies with simple devices
- Presentation at international conferences and scientific publications of experimental results
- Completed Master Degree or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, or Materials Sciences with excellent academic record
- Research experience in thin film or nanostructure synthesis
- Experience in the field of oxide and/or semiconductor materials
- Experience with material analysis techniques such as X-ray diffraction, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, scanning probe microscopies (AFM, PFM...), Raman spectroscopy is desirable
- Good written and spoken skills in English
- High dedication and enthusiasm for cooperative work as well as a team-oriented and communicative work ethic
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 30.09.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH