The department Undulators is looking for:
Technician (f/ m) Quality Assurance of Undulator ConstructionReference No.: FG 2017/12
The undulator group at HZB is responsible for the design, construction and operation of permanent magnet based undulators at the storage ring BESSY II. The undulators have to meet tight spectral specifications, and guarantee a minimum impact on the electron beam over many years.
- Quality assurance during fabrication and assembly via a three-dimensional CMM and other high precision tools
- Manufacturer qualification, contribution to purchasing
- Close collaboration with HZB-engineers
- Participation in undulator assembly
- Mechanic optimization of sophisticated magnet measurement tools
- Technician in precision mechanics, mechatronics or similar
- Experience in quality assurance, experience in 3D measurement techniques desirable
- Experience with state-of-the-art CAD-software
- Experience in UHV-compatible assembly procedure
- Efficient team-work, responsible handling of ambitious tasks
What we offerThe employment contract is unlimited . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 11.10.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH