The department Experiment Control and Data Acquisition is looking for:
Developer experiment control & operationReference No.: IT 2017/7
The Department of experiment control and data acquisition within the main department IT is responsible for development and servicing of experiment control systems, the support of the scientists at big research facilities with the capture of measuring data and the management of research data. Beside the duties in the HZB employees of this department are integrated into national and international projects in the area of Research data management.
- Supporting operation and development of the control system infrastructure (SPEC, TANGO, EPICS) of the MX-beamlines and endstations
- Development and management of SPEC-based solutions for specific control requirements
- Contributing to the strategic development of experiment control using SPEC
- Analysing and design of requirements to interfaces and workflows with respect to research data
- Collaboration with international teams of the European Synchrotron Radiation Facilities
- Completed studies of relevant sciences, preferably in computer science at a university or an advanced technical college, or equivalent skills and experiences gained in previous occupations.
- Very good knowledge of experiment control systems (preferably via CSS SPEC, EPICS, TANGO or SARDANA)
- Application oriented knowledge of modern development tools for planning, implementation and documentation of software components
- Applicable knowledge in the concept and programming of software applications
- Fluent German and very good English language skills
What we offerThe employment contract is unlimited . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 30.09.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH