The Young Investigator Group Perovskite Tandem Solar Cells is looking for:
PhD student (f/m) Diploma or Master in the field of Physics, Material Sciences, Chemistry or Electrical EngineeringReference No.: EE 2017/40
The Young Investigator Group Perovskite Tandem Solar Cells has recently published record efficiencies for perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells. The aim of the group is the further optimization of the fascinating class of perovskite/silicon tandem solar cells.
The new Helmholtz Innovation Lab HySPRINT and the Young Investigator Group Perovskite Tandem Solar Cells aims at developing high efficiency perovskite solar cells processed via vacuum-based methods. The announced PhD position is embedded in the broad HZB infrastructure offering the opportunity to contribute to third party projects, including industrial partners.
Topic of the doctoral thesis: Development and optimization of vapor deposited perovskite solar cells
The PhD Student will be a member of the Graduate School "Hybrid Perovskites Solar Cells" (HyPerCells)
- Development and optimization of perovskite solar cells processed via co-evaporation
- Fine-tuning the perovskite composition to tune the optical band-gap
- Develop detailed understanding of film formation during the co-evaporation
- Completed Diploma or Master Degree in Physics, Materials Sciences, Chemistry or Electrical Engineering
- Sound knowledge in photovoltaics, solid state and organic and inorganic semiconductor physics
- Knowledge in vacuum based deposition methods
- Experience with co-evaporation of perovskite solar cells are desirable
- Ability to work in a team with a problem-oriented approach to scientific work, commitment, dedication to experimental work and a high level of self-reliance
- Willingness to present and publish scientific results at project meetings, national and international conferences as well as in scientific journals
- Willingness to work part of the time abroad
- Very good English skills
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 06.11.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH