The department Sample Environments is looking for:
Precision mechanic (f/m) / Technician (f/m) - Sample Environment for Synchrotron ExperimentsReference No.: NP 2017/25
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin is running two large scale facilities, the synchrotron BESSY II and the neutron source BER II. The main task is the control of the physical parameters at the sample position like temperature, magnetic or electric field or pressure. Together with beam line scientists the sample environment group supports users of our large scale facilities during their experiments.
- Manufacturing of prototypical sample environment for the experiments at BESSY II
- Maintenance, operation and development of sample environment equipment for BER II and BESSY II
- Support of the helium infrastructure at BESSY II
RequirementsExcellent knowledge in the following fields
- Turning, milling, soldering, welding
- assemblage of mechanical setups
- vacuum- and low temperature technology
- leak detection
- Operation and development of low temerature equipment (cryostats, cryomagents), gas pressure equipment and high temperature equipment
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 03.10.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH