The institute Competence Centre Photovoltaics Berlin is looking for:
PostDoc Scientist (f/m) for Silicon Solar Cell TechnologyReference No.: EE 2017/27
The mission of the institute Competence Centre for Photovoltaics Berlin (PVcomB) at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin (HZB) is to support worldwide growth of photovoltaic technologies and products by providing top-level R&D and technology transfer. In cooperation with industry partners and universities, all relevant aspects of CIGS and thin-film silicon based solar cells and modules are addressed. Above all else, the PVcomB operates an R&D line for industrial wafer-based silicon heterojunction solar cells.
- Process development for silicon heterojunction solar cells with the focus on back-end processes from TCO until the module integration.
- Experimental and computer simulation work for integrating new materials and processes in high-performance solar cells
- Screen-printing metallization
- Project management in funded R&D projects and industrial cooperations
- Supervision of B.Sc./M.Sc./PhD students
- PhD in physics, electrical engineering or related subjects
- Sound know-how and background in semiconductor devices and physics
- Several years of experience in silicon solar cell technology, ideally also industry experience
- Know how in screen-printing metallization is desirable
- Ability to take responsibility in a team, focus and drive performance improvement
- Fluent written and spoken English is a must, good command of German is desirable
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 20.08.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH