The Young Investigator Group Nano-SIPPE is looking for:
Postdoctoral Scientist (f/m) in the field of PhysicsReference No.: EE 2017/24
The young investigator group Nano-SIPPE is implemented in the Helmholtz Innovation lab HySPRINT including industrial and scientific project partners.
The young investigator group contributes to HySPRINT with profound experimental and theoretical knowledge on nanophotonic structures for light management in different types of solar cells.
- Test of finite-element based numerical methods, including mesh generation, field computation, post-processing
- Development of interfaces for automated, simulation-based design
- Data analysis
- Support in supervising students and doctoral candidates within HySPRINT
- Participation in scientific collaboration (numerical studies, publications, conference contributions)
- Completed PhD in physics
- Strong experience in optical simulations
- Knowledge in photovoltaics
- Excellent programming skills in Matlab and/or Python as well as experience with C++
- Experience in usage of finite element method; prior experience with the FEM simulation tool JCMsuite is desirable
- Ability to work in a team, with a problem-oriented approach to scientific work, commitment, dedication to numerical work and software development
What we offerFixed term contract for 28 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 29.06.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH