The institute Soft Matter and Functional Materials is looking for:
Postdoctoral Research Scientist (f/m), PhD and postdoctoral or equivalent experience in Physics, Chemistry, Material Science or related fieldReference No.: EM 2017/10
The Institute for Soft Matter and Functional Materials contributes in the Helmholtz Research Program 'Storage and Crosslinked Infrastructure' to the topic Electrochemical Energy Storage. The focus is on Operando Investigations of nanoscale Lithium-Sulfur Systems to understand the fundamental relations between materials structure and the systems working efficiency.
- Implementation of a high-qualitiy research program on electrochemical energy storage
- Independent performance of neutron scattering experiments at the reflectometer V6
- Support of external users at the reflectometer V6
- Maintenance and further development of the reflectometer V6 and its sample environment
- Publication of research results in scientific journals
- Strong experimental background in solid state physics or electrochemistry
- Experimental experience in neutron or x-ray reflectivity
- Demonstrated ability to work with guest researchers and technical support groups
- Background in electrochemical energy storage research
- Contact details of a least two references should be provided
What we offerFixed term contract for 30 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 06.04.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH