The institute Solar Fuels is looking for:
Postdoctoral Scientist (f/m), (PhD in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or related fields)Reference No.: EE 2017/8
The Institute for Solar Fuels at HZB develops new materials and devices for the photoelectrochemical conversion of cheap and abundant resources, such as water, to chemical fuels. A fundamental understanding of semiconductor/electrolyte interfaces is at the heart of the institute’s research efforts.
- Fundamental investigations of semiconductor/electrolyte interfaces used in solar fuel generating devices using synchrotron-based ambient pressure photoelectron spectroscopy with both soft and hard X-rays
- Characterization of complex-oxide semiconducting single crystals surfaces (e.g., bismuth vanadate) using surface characterization techniques (e.g., XPS, UPS, ISS, LEED, TPD)
- Publication and presentation of results
- PhD degree in chemistry, physics, or materials science focusing on surface and interface analysis and characterization
- Knowledge in photochemistry and/or electrochemistry
- Experience in synchrotron-based photoelectron spectroscopy, preferably under ambient pressure
- Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills (in English)
- Proven academic track record
What we offerFixed term contract for 48 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyHave we sparked your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your application by 03.04.2017.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.
Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin für Materialien und Energie GmbH