Team Assistance (f/m/d) for our Adlershof Site for 2 years
Reference No.: SE 2024/1The department of Prof. Dr. Eva Unger (Solution-Processing of Hybrid Materials and Devices) is part of the HySPRINT Innovation Lab at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin in Adlershof. Among other things, the multicultural team works on the development of manufacturing processes for low-cost and highly efficient solar cells and other solution-processable opto-electronic devices such as LEDs and detectors.
Researchers from all over the world work with us. Conferences and events are therefore held with national and international guests. This international environment offers a wide range of interesting activities in the assistant area.
If you would also like to work in the exciting field of solar energy research, support our administrative and organisational processes efficiently and professionally and provide the best possible administrative support to our head of department and her team, you have found the right job! With us, you can expect a diverse and collegial working environment with exciting insights into our research.
- You will support our team with strategic and operational tasks. This includes the coordination of project-related internal and external appointments, including documentation and implementation control.
- You will accompany and coordinate all personnel measures of the department, assist with the onboarding and offboarding of new employees, including our application management. You will support our researchers in the planning, booking, and accounting of business trips.
- Your tasks will also include maintaining our bilingual website (German/English) (https://www.helmholtz-berlin.de/en/research/) as well as various group sharepoints and HZB-internal databases. You will also support the team in publishing research results, e.g., via social media.
- In addition, you will establish contacts with important contact persons, e.g., other secretarial offices and the administration of the Humboldt-Universität in order to be able to support group members and the department management in administrative matters.
- Completed training as a foreign language secretary or a comparable qualification with very good written and spoken German and English skills
- Very good IT skills (MS-Office, Internet, databases, SAP or similar are desirable)
- Professional experience in secretarial and assistance work (at least three years) preferably in an international environment
- A self-reliant approach to work and a friendly, engaging manner with strong organizational and coordination skills
- Enjoyment of working with people from different cultures in a diverse and dynamic working environment
Your Benefits at HZB
- A job at one of the 18 Helmholtz centres
- Work in the research environment of the science metropolis Berlin
- The opportunity to contribute together with researchers from all around the world to the development of renewable energies, energy stores and next-gen technologies for a climate-friendly future
- A secure, crisis-stable job
- Work-life balance
- Flexible work hours with flexitime
- 39-hour week for a fulltime job
- 30 days paid leave
- Comprehensive counselling services for family and career
- Health management and company sports programmes
- Financial support for public transport (Deutschlandticket Job)
- Continuing education opportunities
- A company pension scheme (VBL)
- And a team that looks forward to meeting you!
Fixed term contract for 24 months. The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
How to apply
Please send us your letter of motivation, your CV as well as your references.
The position is initially limited to two years. We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 03.03.2024. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by other means (such as email or mail) in the application process.
We very much want our workplace to be diverse, and welcome applications from people with different backgrounds. It is our mission to promote equal opportunities and to improve women’s representation in the workforce. We are therefore very interested in receiving applications from women. Where the qualifications are met, we will give preference to people with disabilities.For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.