Engineer (f/m/d) for High FrequencyReference No.: BE 2021/14
The proton irradiation centre Zyklotron at HZB is Germany's first proton therapy facility and unique in its technical capability. We treat patients with eye tumours with proton beams since June 1998 in cooperation with the Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin.
In addition to treatment operation, we are involved in accelerator physics research, e.g. beam delivery, dosimetry and accelerator development.
We are looking for you as an engineer (f/m/d) for the maintenance and expansion of our Zyklotron research and therapy accelerator. With us, you can expect diverse and meaningful tasks at the interface of research and technology.
- You are responsible for planning and realization of the maintenance of our research and therapy accelerator, for this purpose you collaborate with colleagues from accelerator physics and medical physics.
- You maintain and operate the high power RF ((10 MHz-20 MHz, 30 kW)) of the cyclotron and its power supplies and develop them further.
- You provide protons for therapy in shift operation.
- Master’s degree in RF technology, communication technology or similar
- Know how in RF technology, electrical measurement technology and electronics
- Programming skills in epics, C++ or Python are desirable but not a must-have
- You love electronics and practical work
- Availability for shifts on 15 days in a quarter
- A secure, crisis-stable job
- A multitude of training opportunities
- Work/life balance
- Flexible work hours with flexitime
- 39-hour week
- 30 days paid leave
- Comprehensive counselling services for family and career
- Financial support for public transport (Jobticket)
- Company health management
- Company sports
- Company pension scheme
- And a team that looks forward to meeting you soon!
The employment contract is unlimited. The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 08.12.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.