STUDENT ASSISTENT BEAMLINE CONTROL (F/M/D)Reference No.: WI 2021/12
We are looking for someone to support our team in setting new standards in the domain of motion control at the HZB. Across the institute - from small laboratories to the 300 meter long electron storage ring BESSY II - thousands of motors drive a variety of mechanical setups for distances of several meters and with nanometric precision. Different legacy control systems have served our demands well, for the past 20 to 30 years; but now it is time to move on to a new technology uniting our requirements.
You will work together with our team of engineers and physicists, developing and running test benches and mock-ups, to emulate these requirements. Afterwards these mock-ups will be used to evaluate multiple motion controllers and select one which fulfils our requirements best.
- Analysing and understanding existing motion control applications
- Supporting the design, construction and assembly phases of mock-ups and test benches
- Operating and improving mock-ups and test benches
- Writing measurement reports and protocols
- Matriculated bachelor or master student at a German university in the fields mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent
- Experiences in using CAD software (e.g. Solidworks, CREO or equivalent)
- Basic expertise in numerical data treatment and data analysis (e.g. Python, MATLAB, R or equivalent)
- Favourable: expertise in metrology and signal, system, and control theory
- Curiosity, creativity, and ability to work as part of a team
- Good German and English skills
- An interdisciplinary, collegial, and supportive environment
- 12,68 €/h
- 9 – 18.5 h/week
- Integration of bachelor or master thesis possible
- Flexible working hours and possibility of remote working from home
Fixed term contract for 12 months. The position is a part-time position with 9h - 18.5h hours a week.
How to applyThe salary follows the grid of “Tarifvertrag für den öffentlicher Dienst (TVöD-Bund)” (= collective agreement of the public service in Germany).
Our goal is to foster a diverse working environment and to augment the number of women in science and engineering. We encourage especially women to apply for this position. Handicapped or disabled candidates are favoured in case of equal qualification. We look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 30.11.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.