Dual computer science degree programme 2022Reference No.: IT 2021/8
As Department of Experiment Control and Data Acquisition, we are the interface between the central IT departments and or scientists at Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin. Our range of tasks includes the setup and control of measuring stations and experiment systems. We also design software systems and develop and maintain them.
As student in our dual study programme you will become a part of the development teams and have the chance to work actively on many varying and exiting tasks.
Your study programme at a glanceThe programme takes place in cooperation with the Berlin School of Economics and Law. In lectures, seminars and exercises at the university, you will acquire basic theoretical knowledge for mastering the practical parts at the Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin.
Each of the six semesters contains a theoretical and practical component, which build on each other to teach you how software development can be applied to support excellent science.
During your time at HZB, you will work on application and system programming tasks according to the progress of your studies. These tasks mainly result from the requirements of the scientific areas in the research centre: For example, you will have the chance to apply the object-oriented programming you learned in college to the expansion of a coating system for solar cells. In your projects you will be supported by highly qualified engineers and developers.
Your tasks will be
- Analysis of the requirements that scientists have for research software
- Development of concepts and solutions
- Development of software
- Documentation of the developed software
- General A-levels or comparable qualification
- Interest in scientific issues
- Interest in IT and software development
- Very good knowledge of mathematics
- Confident grasp of the German language
- Good performance in English and physics
- Distinct technical understanding, analytical thinking and motivation
Your benefits at HZB
- Insight into software development at one of the 18 Helmholtz centers
- Work at the interface of cutting-edge research and IT
- Flexible working hours through flexi-time,
- 39 hours/week,
- Extensive consulting services on private life and career
- Company health management,
- Company sports,
- company pension scheme
- And a team that wants to meet you soon!
Fixed term contract for 36 months. The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 30.11.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.