Postdoc in solid state physics or materials science (f/m/d)Reference No.: QM 2021/8
In the department "Spin and Topology in Quantum Materials" (QM-AST), we investigate materials and concepts for spin-based information processing and storage, in particular topologically protected states in the electronic structure and the spin texture.
Our department operates several experimental stations for spectroscopy and diffraction with synchrotron radiation in the soft-x-ray range, especially a unique vector magnet end station (VEKMAG) as well a moderate field scattering chamber (ALICE II).
As a postdoc at HZB, you will be able to use your expertise in solid state physics and material science to contribute significantly to our research.
Your tasks will be
- to do in-house research in the fields of spintronics, magnetization dynamics, and topological phases,
- to develop new features for our setup: soft-x-ray scattering, absorption spectroscopy, ferromagnetic resonance in high magnetic fields and at low and very low temperatures,
- to support and collaborate with our partners and user groups in their experiments
- Scientific and technical knowledge in the fields magnetism and superconductivity using soft-x-ray diffraction methods, soft-x-ray absorption spectroscopy, in particular circular and linear dichroism
- Excellent knowledge in the fields of magnetic hetero and nanostructures
- Experience with microstructuring and magneto-transport phenomena and/or molecular magnetism would be an advantage
- Advanced programming knowledge (C++, Mathematica, Igor) and basic knowledge in data analysis
- You will be part of an international, multifaceted research organization that provides access to state-of-the-art research infrastructure and promotes networking and exchange within the Helmholtz Association and beyond
- The HZB supports a healthy work-life balance through flexible working hours, mobile working, and an internal advice center on questions of reconciliation of work and private life
- You will have the opportunity to take advantage of internal and external qualification offers
- Company health management system and company sports offers
- Company pension scheme (VBL)
- A team that is looking forward to meeting you!
We offer you a fixed-term employment contract for 3 years in full-time, with the option of a 2-year extension.
The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 26.09.2021. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
We strive to increase the proportion of female employees and are therefore particularly pleased to receive applications from women. Disabled applicants with equal aptitude are given preference.For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.