Postdoc (f/m/d) electrocatalysis and synchrotron spectroscopyReference No.: EE 2019/44
The Young Investigator Group Oxygen Evolution Mechanism Engineering aims to firstly gain new insights into the mechanism of the oxygen evolution reaction (OER) and to subsequently use these insights to engineer more beneficial mechanisms. To gain the desired insights, we combine concepts from materials science, physics and chemistry. We make defined model catalysts and study them using electroanalytical methods and operando spectroscopy at the synchrotron.
- Coordination of and participation in existing and future collaborations in the areas of electrochemistry/electrocatalysis and synchrotron spectroscopy
- Technical and scientific support of the PhD students in the areas of electrocatalysis and synchrotron spectroscopy
- Deputy laboratory leader of the organizational unit's electrochemistry laboratories and operation of an ICP-MS system
- Preparing, conducting and analyzing of own measurements in the area of electrocatalysis and synchrotron spectroscopy, in particular participation in synchrotron measurements. Aim is the development of strengthening of one’s own research profile in these areas
- Presentation of the results at national and international conferences as well as publication in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
- Completed university degree (Ph.D. or equivalent) in materials science, physics, chemistry or a related field with final grade above average, honors etc.
- Working experience with electrochemical methods, ideally for catalytic investigations, and substantial technical knowledge in electrochemistry
- Experience with synchrotron science, ideally synchrotron spectroscopy, and in-depth technical knowledge in core-level spectroscopy
- Experiences with ICP-MS, crystalline thin films and technical knowledge of the chemistry and physics of solids is desired
- Talent for organization and proven ability to work in an international team, to supervise students, to coordinate scientific collaborations and and to work with technical staff
- High proficiency in written and spoken English, if possible also proficiency in German
- Prior publications in the areas of electrochemistry/electrocatalysis and/or synchrotron science
What we offerFixed term contract for 36 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 08.12.2019. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.