Technical engineer (f/m/d) for electron microscopyReference No.: EE 2019/35
The institute for solar fuels (EE-IF) operates a number of modern electron and ion microscopes with various additions for the Corelab Correlative Microscopy and Spectroscopy part of the user facilities at the Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin (HZB). These tools support the research at the HZB especially the investigation of materials with high relevance for the "Energiewende". In addition, other material classes are studied which form the basis for numerous co-operations with external scientists. To strengthen our team we are looking for a technical engineer with a background in electron microscopy. The position is initially limited to 24 months .An unlimited employment contract is possible.
- basic operation of scanning and transmission electron microscopes
- preparation of microscopy samples
- organization of service and maintenance together with service engineers from the microscope's manufacturer
- training of new users (together with responsible scientist)
- providing support of mechanical/electronical construction tasks
- Certified as technican in metallography or mechatronics, technical assistant in physics or chemistry, practical experience on electron microscopes is advantageous
- other certification possible if at least three years of independent operation of electron microscopes can be proven
- basic knowledge of vacuum technology, electronics
- Programming skills are advantageous
- Profound knowledge of German and English is mandatory for our international group of users
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 01.10.2019. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.