Student (f/m/d) (computer science /software engineering)Reference No.: NP 2019/10
The Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin is running two large scale facilities, the synchrotron BESSY II and the neutron source BER II. Integrated in the user service program of the HZB, the sample environment group of the HZB develops and runs experimental setups for x-ray and neutron scattering experiments. The main task is the control of the physical parameters at the sample position like temperature, magnetic or electric field or pressure.
For cooling purposes, a large quantity of liquid Helium is used. Within international cooperations we are presently developing tools for the effective use of liquid Helium.
- Development of firmware (C/C++) for microcontroller (Atmel) based wireless devices for data acquisition (Helium levelmeters, flowmeters)
- Development of software for the Helium inventory management based on SQL databases
- Documentation of the soft- and firmware
- Very good knowledge of the programming language C/C++
- Very good knowledge of the programming of microcontrollers (Atmel)
- Basic Knowldege of the programming language Pascal/Delphi
- Basic knowledge of the programming of SQL databases
- Fluent in German and English (oral, written)
What we offerFixed term contract for 6 months in part-time with 12 - 19,5 hours a week.
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 30.09.2019. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.