Power Electronics Engineer (m/f/d)Reference No.: NP 2019/8
Helmholtz Zentrum Berlin in Adlershof operates BESSY II, one of the world's leading synchrotron radiation sources in the VUV and soft X-ray range. It supplies synchrotron radiation to more than 1300 experimenters of an international user community every year. Furthermore, the HZB operates the low-energy storage ring Metrology Light Source (MLS) in cooperation with the Physikalisch Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB). The outstanding performance of these systems is guaranteed by numerous high-precision magnet power supplies amongst other things. Our team of the Power Supplies Group is currently looking for support for the conception, installation and operation of these magnet power converters.
- Design and procurement of magnet power supplies, on-site commissioning and control optimisation
- Fast repair of defective devices, also in on-call duty
- Performance of error analyses to increase reliability
- Setup and maintenance of high-precision measuring systems
- Design and development of higher-level control and regulation systems incl. PCB layout
- Dipl.-Ing. (FH) / Bachelor degree in Engineering, specialised in electrical engineering with a focus on power electronics or equivalent
- Sound specialist knowledge in the field of power converter technology, control engineering and control engineering
- Ideally work experience with high-precision control and measurement technology
- Experience with PCB layout and circuit simulation
- Good knowledge of German and English (written and spoken)
What we offerThe employment contract is unlimited . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 30.09.2019. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.