Experimental Engineer (f/m/d)(Superconducting RF)Reference No.: FG 2019/12
The main focus of the Institute for SRF - Science and Technology (FG-ISRF) at the HZB is the development of new accelerator systems based on CW superconducting radiofrequency technologies. Currently we are building
just now together with the Institute of Accelerator Physics two new SRF-based accelerators at the HZB: bERLinPro and BESSY VSR. We are also conducting an intensive basic research program to better understand the RF power of niobium and other new superconductors suitable for SRF cavities.
- Organization of testing campaigns for superconducting cavity systems in cryogenic test stands and cryomodule commisioning.
- Coordination of an interdisciplinary group to arrange SRF tests (cryogenics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, radiation protection, vacuum systems)
- Participate in clean room preparation work
- Write reports and scientific documentation
- University degree in Physics or Engineering (electrical engineering, mechanical engineering or related field)
- Hands on experience in testing of accelerator cavities
- Basic experience in the operation of cryo-cooled components
- Clean room experience is desired
- Self initiative and ability to perform work independently
- Interdisciplinary communication skills
- Good written and oral English .
What we offerFixed term contract for 24 months . The salary is based on the Collective Agreement for the German Public Service (TVöD-Bund).
We particularly welcome applications from women. Preference will be given to handicapped applicants provided equal suitability.
How to applyWe look forward to receiving your application via our application management system by 13.10.2019. For reasons of data protection regulations, we are unfortunately unable to consider applications that reach us by email or by mail in the application process.
For German version, please click on the following link: German Version.